Monday, February 16, 2009

Apartment Fire!

I shot Jen and Bernardo's wedding last October. The interior walls of their complex were perfect for doing portraits of Jen. Their apartment was covered with images I shot of them at their engagement session and pictures of her niece I took. Most of their stuff is now gone...here is what Jen wrote to me in an email:

"Hey Nicole! I was just curious if you had sent our cd of our pics yet? It's
cool if you haven't yet cause there was a fire in our apartment building
Sunday morning and we are being moved apartments. At this point we have lost practically everything due to someone else's negligance. The fire started
down the hall from us. We were able to go back into the apt for a
minute and the first thing I handed the fireman was my album! I told him
that was important to me! If you haven't sent it I will get back to
you on our new address.
Have a good one!
Jen"

Click HERE for the story from the news - Jen was actually interviewed!!

I'm thinking HOLY COW!(but not cow)she went back for her wedding album! Here is a picture (photo credit goes to WCPO) of the fire:

and here are some pics of her apartment before it went up in flames...





I'm just glad they made it out safely. Thank you, Thank you GOD for getting them out! Wedding albums can be reprinted...people cannot.

No comments: